Satin Audio Olympus Athena
- Superior Pure OCC (SP-OCC)
- SP-OCC Palladium plated Silver mix SP-OCC Pure Silver
- Satin Special Structures
- Multi-size Strand Type 4 Litz
- Hybrid central bundle – Kevlar Damping combined with Pure Silver strand
- SA Insulation II
Introducing our newest flagship cable – Athena of Olympus Series! The new series focus on applying precious metals on the wires. This cable is named after the wire material itself- Palladium- the high-quality rare metal named after Athena Goddess.
Gaining our experiences from 2 previous Pure Silver series, which are the Artemis and the Medusa, Satin Audio decided to use the brand new precious metal- Palladium into the Pure Silver wires in order to create better sound. In fact, this precious metal is only seen on very expensive cables at the unbelievable price of thousands of dollars. Satin Audio has researched and chosen the most suitable ratio between Silver and Palladium to maximize the audio signal transmission.The Athena is produced based on SP-OCC technology (Superior Pure OCC), to create the purest Silver at exceedingly 6N purity (99,99998%) and even at 7N purity (99,999998%) depend on different batches. This is the highest purity of Silver cable which has been brought into the market.In addition, the Athena is applied with the latest Satin Special Structures, which is developed from Type 4 Litz. As a result, besides possessing similar characteristics as Type 4 Litz, the new structure has some improvements:
- Hybrid Central Bundle: The bundles are created from super small strands, and Instead of having only central Kevlar Damping core, now this Kevlar core is surrounded with strands. This structure helps to increase the duribility, the anti- vibration and the signal transmission.
- Multi-sized strands: Satin Audio uses different sizes for strands, and each of them is coated with one insulation layer so that they will be protected from oxidation and also the signal transmission will be maximized.
In addtion, this SA Insulation jacket is also upgraded into an advanced SA Insulation IIjacket with the improvement in flexibility and transparency, making the cable look more shining and eye-catching. This jacket is intentionally designed to ensure the softness and the high comfortability throughout the time of usage, instead of turning hard after contacting with sweat like other cables on the market.
For packaging, the Athena goes with a high quality sheep leather box, which has enough space for all the braid options, up to 8 braided cables.