ORIOLUS BA300S REVIEW from Headfonics
Oriolus BA300s JP version (G2/G4) is a full balanced portable vacuum tube amplifier released by Oriolus Japan.
It was developed with the digital audio player(DAP) which has a 4.4mm balanced- standard Sony-type or 2.5mm TRRS AK-type port for phone out.
Double vacuum tubes give you a new and different experience for enjoying with your DAP(balanced phone out use only). None-Volume-Control structure avoid the gang error and let you control the volume by your DAP. Special design let the noise almost can not be heard.
G2 has an interconnect for 2.5mm TRRS AK-type and G4 with a cable for 4.4mm balanced-standard Sony-type use.
- Dual 6N16B type vacuum tubes inside.
- None-Volume-Control structure is easy for using with the phone out.
- About 7 hours usage time for almost one-day use.
- 5V micro USB port for charging.
- Special PW audio made 2.5mm+3.5mmGND to 4.4mm balanced standard, connection cable only for Oriolus. (G2 only)
- Special PW audio made 4.4mm+3.5mmGND to 4.4mm balanced standard, connection cable only for Oriolus. (G4 only)
Why 3.5mm GND plug?
Some of our Japanese users told us that for connecting BA300s with 4.4mm phone
out port only will let some tiny noise go into the earphone. Some users can hear it and some can not.
GND is not valid on almost of the DAPs with 4.4mm phone out port(only L+ L- R+ R-), so that we cannot make BA300s and those DAPs have the same voltage potential of GND directly. The tiny noise is hard to avoid. So that we make a new cable which can get the GND from the 3.5mm phone out port of those DAPs. And it works.
If using Sony's DAP, please connect the 3.5mm plug to you player first and then connect the 4.4mm plug because of the automatic balanced mode switch system of SONY if you use both 4.4mm and 3.5mm phone out port.̴Ì_
Great pairing to the NW-WM1Z. Warm smooth tube sound.