Download Shanling M5s Advanced User Manual (update on Dec 7, 2018)
or download from Shanling Offical Website
- Size: 117mm x 59mm x 16mm
- Net weight: about 178g
- Screen: 3.2 inch HD screen
- DSD playback: supported to DSD256
- PCM playback: supported to 768kHz--32bit
- Bluetooth: support LDAC (bothway), aptX (launcher only), AAC (bothway)
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- support DLNA, AirPlay, OTA online update, HiFi cloud music library.
- D/A converter: AK4493EQ x 2
- Amplifier: AD8397 x 2
- Gain: low gain / high gain
- Support format: DSF, DFF, ISO, DXD, APE, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, AIF, DTS, MP3
- WMA, ACC, OGG, ALAC, MP2, M4C, AC3, M3U, M3U8
- Sampling rate: 44.1kHz--384kHz
- Output: single ended output (3.5 mm) / balanced output (2.5 mm)
- Output power: 130mW@32ohm (3.5 mm) / 300mW@32ohm (2.5 mm)
- Channel separation: 65dB (32 Ohm) /85dB (300 Ohm) - 3.5 mm
- 109dB - 2.5 mm
- SNR: 121dB
- Output impedance: ≤0.3 Ω
- Frequency response: 20HZ~20KHz (-0.5dB)
- External memory: supported up to 512G TF card
- USB interface: Type-C (USB2.0)
- Battery: lithium battery for 3400mAH
- Playing hours: 16-17 hours (3.5 mm) 9-10 hours (2.5 mm)
- Charging hours: 3-4 hours
Tengo en mis manos un onkio, XDP-1A y un Sony nw-wm1a. este chip ak4493 de shanling tiene un rendimiento excepcional, más cálido que el Sony y más definido instrumentalmente que El onkyo, después de quemarlo, las voces femeninas suenan bien (al principio eran brillosas) y los medios menos empotrados. En general un muy buen reproductor. Acompañado con los campfire andromeda suena equilibrado bien definido y mucho mejor con voces masculinas. Con los final audio e5000, quienes disfrutan del bajo abundante suena definido, rico, divertido, el reproductor los conduce al máximo volumen sin perder definición.
You need to do a better job on first time instructions. The phone out connection which I new nothing about which I now understand is to connect to a amp was on and it hurt my ears when I tried to listen on my head phones and was so loud that I couldn't rip them off my head fast enough. You need to put some kind of warning in instructions or your going to get sued if your not careful for someone loosing their hearing. Otherwise its a great sounding player.
It's a wonderful sounding DAP, probably the very best I've owned.
Superb battery life and sound quality!
First off, I've been an audiophile for over 20+ years. I've had everything from the old yellow Sony Walkman cassette player with the snap lid to keep it closed, and most recently a Sony NW-A35 Walkman and Shanling Audio M0. I mainly listen to my OWN 24-Bit Hi-Res FLACs of live jamband and electronic styles of music, that I record myself with TOTL Recording gear (Schoeps mics and Sound Devices recorders).
Ok, now onto the M5s itself. This is seriously and EASILY the best musical and audible experience that I've EVER had in my life. My Campfire Audio Andromeda and Dorado IEM's just frickin SING with the resolution and overall balanced sound of the M5s. Both pairs of IEM's have never sounded better with my live recordings! I still need to try out my Westone Second Generation UM Pro 30's with the M5s, but I have NO DOUBT that they'll sound better than ever before too ️
The FGPA Structure with the dual AKM 4493EQ Velvet Sound DAC chips is absolutely jaw dropping and Completely immerses me in a HUGE 3D wall of sound that I've NEVER experienced before! I knew that the M5s would obviously sound better than my Sony NW-A35 Walkman and Shanling M0 Music Players/DAP's, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to sound THIS HAUNTINGLY GOOD
There's also ZERO hiss and noise
for my super sensitive CA Andromedas, even when I'm not listening to any music in-between songs, and a completely black background with absolutely awesome soundstage and imaging. The soundstage is huge and encompasses you into the overall sound, and the imaging is great as well, with amazing placement of ALL of the different instruments, no matter if what you're listening to has 3 musicians or 10 musicians in each band!
As far as the features and UI/OS go, the UI is very smooth and responsive, and I like the version 2.0 MTouch OS much better than even the M0! I wish I could stream my 33,000 songs from my Google Play account, but I can live without it since SD cards are getting so cheap now