Shanling MTW100 True Wireless Earphone, Bluetooth 5.0 Earbuds, fully water proof earbuds, Red with Balanced Armature Driver; Black with Balanced Armature Driver; White with Graphene Dynamic Driver
So pleased with this purchase. What a great product! Well-balanced sound, clear, accurate, and honest.
To sum up: the sound quality of the Shanling with the balanced armature is quite good and is clearly superior to the Samsung buds, ie., it met my sound quality expectations.
- balanced armature sound quality is a good step up from the mediocre wireless buds out there (Apple, etc.). I haven't heard the SONY or Sennheisser ones though as this segment seems to be heating up a bit.
- like the wireless charging case and the red flashy color
- like the look of the ear buds
- like the price, a lot. :)
- I couldn't use any of the supplied tips for some reason
- when I use my tips of choice (Symbio wide bore), it doesn't fit inside the case (case needs to be larger to fit other tips)
- when I take out the buds with my Symbio tips, the tips get stuck in my ear (the ear bud tip needs to grip the tips better)
- the case is sometimes difficult to open without having sharp nails
- there is no volume control on the buds (I may have missed this feature)
- there is no going back on a song list (I may have missed this feature); if I remember, I can go to the next song via a triple touch on the ear but no going backwards
- the control to go back and forth between hearing ambient noise to closed sound is a long touch on either bud which drives me crazy as I'm trying to get the buds inserted in my ear, it keeps going back and forth between ambient and closed.
What Shanling needs to do is develop a software app that control the ambient noise feature; it's not needed on the ear buds itself.
Samsung had the more important feature correct on the ear buds:
- forward to the next song: double- click
- backwards to the previous song: triple-click
- volume higher: press and hold the right ear bud until you hear a click and volume adjustment
- volume lower: press and hold the left ear bud until you hear a click and volume adjustment.
These are just my initial comments and I hope Shanling can improve this nice ear buds in Version 2
Shanling MTW100 True Wireless Earphone