I purchased my Mest MKII from Andrew on the 4-9-21 and forgot about writing a review...
Ok, to be honest, when I first received these I didn't like them and would have returned them if I could, but that would have been a big mistake, let me explain...
I was accustomed to earphones with very little sub-bass and mid-bass so these were warmer than I was used to but I started to quickly realise upon listening sessions that I have never been hearing music accurately on other sets as I was missing out on kick drums and bass guitars.
- Kick drums and bass guitars on the MKII have the perfect amount of energy and sound accurate.
Bass guitars are very easy to follow without overstepping other instruments which may be something to do with the bone conduction as they are definitely doing something different to other sets I have listened to.
- I am a vocal lover and I must say the vocals are just about perfect on this set, nicely balanced, clear and inline with everything else with great emotion. Again, I do believe the bone conduction is having a positive affect on them... Recessed they are definitely not, in fact on certain tracks I would even say that they may have a bit more energy than some people may like. They definitely have more vocal energy that the graphs show.
- Treble is perfectly clear, non-fatiguing and can deliver extra detail and micro detail that is missing on other sets.
- The Mest MKII are my goldilocks set with everything extremely well balanced, never too much, just perfect. Without a doubt, they are vocal and detail king for me till I hear better. (Interested in hearing the Odin and Anole VX)
I recently purchased a used but mint Mest OG and a brand new Monarch MKII and these are a few thoughts against the Mest MKII.
- My Mest OG seems to have a hair more sub-bass compared the the Mest MKII but the bass on the MKII is tighter and cleaner. The Mest MKII seems to have a hair more mid-bass over the OG.
Vocals on the Mest OG seem to sit ever so slightly behind the bass and treble but are still excellent nonetheless.
Tambourines, shaking instruments and cymbals are ever so slightly more forward, clear and upfront on the Mest MKII.
- My Monarch MKII has more sub-bass and mid-bass compared to the Mest MKII but the bass is very loose in comparison to the Mest MKII. (I know reviewers have said that the Monarch MKII is light on mid-bass but definitely not on the set I own)
Vocals on the Monarch MKII are very good but I do feel that they are at times overshadowed with the warmer bass and mid-bass and not as clean as the Mest MKII. The Monarch MKII definitely has a thicker sound.
Tambourines, shaking instruments and cymbals are a good deal more forward, clear and upfront on the Mest MKII. The Monarch MKII just can't produce the level of details and micro detail that the Mest MKII can.
These are my thoughts on the sets and exactly how I hear them...
I am UK based and the service Andrew and Musicteck provided me was absolutely Outstanding, so a massive Thanks to them...